Bookkeeper / Admin (Maimi)
Purpose of Position: We are looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts, and payments. You would be working closely with our accounting team to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidate is familiar with accounting software packages, like QuickBooks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles all aspects of accounts payable (A/P): entering approved payables, processing payments.
- Handles all aspects of accounts receivable (A/R): verifies and compiles deposits and enters accordingly.
- Handles some aspects of general ledger (G/L)
- Sales Tax: Multi-State monthly filing and reporting
- Handles all aspects of reconciling credit cards.
- Files invoices with processed checks to maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Provide financial reports as requested by VP of Finance.
- Daily pick up of mail at the Post Office, FEDEX and distribution of such to appropriate staff.
- Book Travel and manage calendar for Management
- Assists with answering of incoming administration and development calls
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management and monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary
- Drafts correspondence as requested
- Participate in events as needed as a member of administrative staff.
- Other duties as required by Accountant, VP of Finance & Management or Human Resources.
Experience & Skills:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Must be able to work effectively and independently in a very fast-paced, team oriented environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organization skills and very detail oriented.
- QuickBooks and Microsoft Office
- Full Time, hourly, non-exempt position.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with CV/Resume, cover letter, salary requirements and availability. Please reference General Manager in the subject of your email.