F&B Bookkeeper (NYC)
Purpose of Position: We are looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain F&B financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts, and payments. You would be working closely with our accounting team to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidate is familiar with accounting software packages, like QuickBooks.
Report to: General Manager
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record day-to-day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded properly.
- Perform partial checks of the posting process
- Complete tax forms when needed
- Enter data, maintain records and financial statements
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
- Assist with and manage inventory controls
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
Please email email@example.com with CV/Resume, cover letter, salary requirements and availability. Please reference General Manager in the subject of your email.